In this blogpost, we will see the how to do file movements in automatic way from SharePoint to ADLS Gen 2 via Azure Logic Apps. The use case, we are going to see here is when a person/someone uploads file in SharePoint(Source), we need to automatically move those files in the required Storage Account-ADLS Gen 2(Sink/Target) /container/folder/ with the same file name. There may be many possible ways to do the same, here we will see how to do this easily within 2 actions via Azure Logic Apps from Azure Portal.
- Specific SharePoint Folder/File level Upload/Read/Edit/Manage kind of Accesses.
- Active Azure Subscription. If you don’t have, create a free account.
- Subscription Level Contributor access or Owner access with basic understandings of using Azure and its components and knowing to create Simple blank Azure Logic App. we can check our Access in Subscriptions–>Access Control (IAM)–>View my Access. (like below)
ADLS Gen 2
Azure Logic Apps
Create a Simple Blank Logic App and follow the below detailed step by step flows.
Detailed Step by Step Flows:
1. When a file is created in a folder
2. Create blob (V2)
Default Authentication Type is Access key. If so, we need to provide both Azure Storage Account name as well as Azure Storage Account’s respective Access Key. We can also use Azure AD Integrated option as Authentication type.
Additional Notes – which we will see in upcoming blogposts
We can also ‘Add an action‘s like below, to make it much more effective as well as automated:
- Adding ‘Create a pipeline run‘ to run the ADF Pipeline automatically(Once ADLS receives file from SharePoint).
- Adding ‘Send an email (V2)‘ to automate mailings that we will receive once the above steps are completed.
Thus, with the help of this blogpost we saw regarding the file movement in automatic way from SharePoint (Source) to ADLS Gen 2 (Target) with the help of Azure Logic Apps in easy and simple steps, just 2 actions (2 actions 2 do).
If you really like this blogpost, Please do Like, Share & Follow Blog and Show your Support for many more interesting upcoming Posts!